You’re thrilled with your glistening, newly installed custom quartz countertop but almost too scared to use it. Sounds familiar? Don’t worry. Quartz is one of the hardest materials here on earth, which makes it extremely durable. Still, we’ve compiled a list of dos and don’ts so that you can keep your quartz top looking good as new. Read more on maintenance here.
Do Love Your Quartz and…
- Do use it unabashedly. Quartz is strong and durable, so you can set your expertly crafted dinner buffet out, while guests come together over wine, love, and laughter. There’s no need to be afraid of spills. A dry wipe should pick up any residue.
- Do wipe regularly. Quartz is definitely stain resistant, but that doesn’t mean dust won’t be settling on your quartz countertop.A wet wipe will remove dirt and a nice rub with microfiber will keep it dry and shiny.
- Do use quartz bathroom countertopsin your home. Bathrooms are full to the brim with germs and there’s a risk of mold creeping in, thanks to the humidity. Since quartz isn’t porous, it’s not at risk of harboring moisture, mold, or bacteria, keeping your bathrooms (and kitchens) relatively safer.
Don’t Ignore Spills and…
- If you do catch a spill, be sure to wipe it up right then. Be especially vigilant of acidic or corrosive liquids like lemon juice, vinegar, bleach, and even tea or soda. They’re not friends of any surface and can quickly do some damage. We maintain that quartz is tough, but it’s better not to treat it badly. Wipe any dried stains with a wet dishcloth, and dry with microfiber.
- Don’t use your custom quartz countertopas a chopping board. As we said, it may be tough, but you don’t want to test its limits. Sharp objects like knives can scratch the surface, so always use a cutting board when chopping to protect that attractive sheen.
- Don’t put hot pots and pans directly on the surface. Though quartz can resist high temperatures, like any other stone, a sudden temperature change can cause cracks. For this reason, and to avoid any risk, it’s best to use a padded trivet which will protect against scratches.
What To Do In the Worst-Case Scenario?
Let’s say you’ve got a stain that’s just not coming out. Again, don’t worry. We’ve got your back. Give the professionals a call and we’ll walk you through the process of repair or maintenance that’s required.
At Stone Express Inc., we deal not only in quartz but also have an array of marble and granite countertop Naples, FL. Come on over so we can show you all the options for custom Kitchen Countertop Naples or bathroom countertops. Contact us for a detailed consultation today.